Report of the 12th CITA RAG AADaniele D'Onofrio
Chaired by Mr. Nguyen Huu Tri – RAG AA Chairman and Deputy General Director of Vietnam Register, and hosted by Vietnam Register (VR), the 12th CITA Regional Advisory Group Asia/Australasia (RAG AA) meeting was held last 15-16 November 2018 in Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province, Viet Nam.
With the topic “Improvement of emission quality control for in-used motor vehicles and technical inspection for electric vehicles” the meeting was attended by more than 90 delegates from Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and Viet Nam.
The meeting was officially opened by the chairman Mr. Nguyen Huu Tri, who extended his warm welcome to all delegates to the meeting, and Mr. Michael Owen Walsh, member of the Bureau Permanent of CITA, who delivered keynote speech.
- “CITA past & future activities” by Mr. Daniele D’Onofrio, CITA Advisor & Communication Manager;
- “Emission test through OBD, stand alone or complement to tailpipe measurement” by Mr. Wilfrid Deroome, Actia Automotive, France;
- “Technical standards for motor vehicle centers and motor vehicle emission situation in Vietnam” by Mr. Lai Thai Phong, Vietnam Register – Vietnam;
- “Used EV compliance & inspection and New Zealand airbag recall inspection process” by Mr. Sean Stevens, Vehicle Inspection NZ – New Zealand;
- “Korean Inspection System for Electric Vehicles” by Mr. Soung-Kyu Choi, Korea Tran. Safety Authority – Korea;
- “Electrical Vehicle Inspection Regulation in China” by Mr. Ken Wang, Shenzhen Cosber Industrial Co., Ltd – China;
- “Reducing Carbon Emissions from Vehicle and Technical Inspection of Electric & Hybrid Vehicle in Malaysia” by Anuar Bin Abdullah, Puspakom Sdn. Bhd. – Malaysia;
- “Japan to NZ vehicle pathway an BMSB – stink bug bio-security issues” by Mr. Gordon David Shaw, Vehicle Inspection NZ – New Zealand;
- “Vehicle Dimension and Chassis Scanning System” by Mr. Wilson Xie, Shenzhen Cosber Industrial Co., Ltd – China;
- “Why we need to reduce global belching emissions now? Why & How?” by Mr. Ron Tan, PRC Global Pte. Ltd. – Singapore;
- “Application Analysis of Simple Transient Driving Mode Conditions” by Miss Xiao Tong Fan, Shenzhen Anche Technologies Co., Ltd. – China;
- “Current Status and Future Vision regarding Vehicle Inspection System in Japan,” by Mr. Akinori Watanabe, National Agency for Automobile and Land Transport Technology, Japan;
- “Next CITA Conference Introduction” by Mr. Yongdal Kim, Korea.
The next 13th CITA RAG AA meeting will be held in the second half 2019. The exact date and venue will be communicated in duo date.