The Type Approval Experts Group meetingDaniele D'Onofrio
WARSAW, POLAND (27-28 March 2017). Last Monday, took place the 3rd International Type-approval Experts Group meeting (TAEG). This two days event has been organized the by ITS – the Motor Transport Institute in Warsaw, Poland.
The meeting was attended by the representatives of the Secretariat of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, ITS, the TÜV SÜD, the Centre for Motor Vehicles fromSerbia, CVH from Croatia, EUROLAB L.L.C., FSD Fahrzeugsystemdaten GmbH, Applus Iteuve, TÜV Nord, TÜV Rheinland, VdTÜV e.V. and SGS.
Among the others, the main topics discussed were:
- Prospects for the type-approval process of the automotive automation systems, including software in the context of autonomous vehicles,
- Legal and system requirements for the driver assisting systems in vehicles,
- The current status of the amendment of the framework homologation Directive (2007/46/EC),
- Current status of ISO 20730 standard – regarding Periodic Vehicle Technical Inspection (ePTI),
- Report of the representative of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe on the past meetings and ongoing work.
The discussion was complemented by the visit of ITS modern laboratories: guests could visit the modern vehicle inspection station of the Diagnostic and Maintenance Processes Department, the test facilities of the Vehicle Type-approval and Testing Division and the laboratory of the Material Research Centre.