How We Operate
The CITA Secretariat takes care of the day-to-day management and activities for the association. To this intent, it employs an Executive Director, an Office Manager, a Communication Manager as well as a Project Manager.
- Administrative day-to-day management of the organization
- Assist in setting out and implementing the strategic direction on a continuous basis
- Organise a.o. CITA Council, Bureau Permanent and Working Group meetings
- Organise CITA’s International Conferences
- Assist the activities of CITA Working Groups
- Internal and external communication
- Issue CITA publications
CITA General Assembly
The General Assembly is the highest decision making body of the organization. It represents all CITA Members and meets about every 2 years. Full Members have voting power.
The General Assembly has decisive power of approval for:
- Budgets and accounts
- Modifications to the Articles of Incorporation
- Dissolution and winding-up of the association
- CITA Recommendations
- Appointment Bureau Permanent Members and the President
The main objective of the CITA Bureau Permanent is managing the association and continue to give strategic direction between two General Assemblies. The CITA Secretariat assists the BP by taking care of the daily work.
BP members and the position of President, are elected at the CITA General Assembly. The BP appoints Vice Presidents.
- Supervise the administrative and financial situation of the organization;
- Decide on granting the first approval of membership applications. The General Assembly considers the final approval;
- Supervise the work of the CITA Secretariat, allocate resources for activities.
The Regional Advisory Groups’ objective is to take forward the CITA objectives in their geographically defined region through regionally focused advice and activities. Five Regional Advisory Groups are currently established and more may follow where justified. The chair of a RAG is situated at a CITA member location, within the specific region. For Europe, the Regional Advisory Group is located at the CITA Secretariat.
The current Regional Advisory Groups are:
- Africa (RAG A)
- Asia/Australasia (RAG A/A)
- Central & South America (RAG C&SA)
- Europe (RAG E)
- North America (RAG NA)
Don’t hesitate contacting the CITA Secretariat if you have any further question.