CITA RAG AFRICA Conference
October 17 - October 18
The new RAG AFRICA Conference 2023: “Improving vehicles to improve life”, organized in collaboration with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) in Addis Ababa – Ethiopia, seeks to facilitate networking among officials of sectoral organisation, regional and continental organisations, governments, private sector, civil society organisations and the academia. This will enable exchange of views and experiences in vehicle compliance, vehicle inspection, road safety, environmental protection, decarbonisation, and enforcement of laws and standards, among others.
The main objective of the meeting is to improve vehicle standards and inspection in Africa.
Specifically, the meeting aims to:
- Engage with the EU-AU Task Force recommendations on vehicle inspection and standards.
- Debate on the inspection of e-vehicles.
Place: HOTEL HILTON – Addis Ababa / Menelik II Avenue P.O. Box 1164 – Addis Ababa – Ethiopia
Languages: English and French
DAY 1 = 17 October 2023 / CITA
- FULL DAY / RAG Africa Conference
- 08:00pm (GMT+3) / Dinner
DAY 2 = 18 October 2023 / UNECA
– MORNING SESSIONS:
- Session 1: Advancing continental agenda on vehicle compliance: challenges in EV era
- Session 2: EU-AU Task force on Connectivity recommendations on safer vehicles